Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I am a claimant who has filed a claim with a Bankrupt employer.

Customer Question
They are asking me to...
I am a claimant who has filed a claim with a Bankrupt employer. They are asking me to accept a reclassification as an unsecured claim. I sent a letter asking for a hearing to object. I then started to search for a lawyer, but am finding that because I am considered a contractor, I don't have much of a case. I don't wish to represent myself in court. Please advise me on the best way to cancel my request. Am I able to call the trustee for my former employer? Do I need to send a letter?
Thanks,
Jennifer Shankland
XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
11/28/2011
Bankruptcy Lawyer: JP, Attorney replied 5 years ago
JP
JP, Attorney

JP :

Hello

JP :

You should first contact the court clerk to see whether the court has scheduled a hearing on the letter you sent to the trustee requesting a hearing. If the court has scheduled your objection for a hearing, then you will need to send written correspondence to the court to inform the court that you want to withdraw your objection/request for hearing. You will also need to send a copy of the letter to the trustee. However, if it is not set for a hearing, you would only have to send a letter to the trustee to let him know that you are no longer objecting or requesting a hearing. Also be sure to send written correspondence to the trustee to let him know that you are accepting the reclassification of your claim.

JP :

Also, if you don't take any other action, then the court and the case will proceed without your participation and your claim will likely be reclassified anyway.

Customer:

Thank you,

Customer:

My letter may not be worded in formal court grammar. I hope that it will still be accepted! I appreaciate your response.

JP
JP, Attorney
JP
JP
JP, Attorney