How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i filed a chapter 7 in august 2010. As it progressed i thought

Resolved Question:

i filed a chapter 7 in august 2010. As it progressed i thought i could do a reorganization so converted to a 13 in January 2011. I cannot do it do to another loss of employmnet and the 13 was dismissed for not submitting a plan.

I want to re-file for chapter 7 - can i do this since I filed 7 over a year ago and converted it?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. Yes you can because you never received a discharge in a chapter 7. Therefore,unless your chapter 13 was dismissed with prejudice barring you from filing any type of BK for so many years, yiu can file again. Best regards XXXXX XXXXX am glad  to help.  Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid for my assistance unless you accept.   A bonus and and positive feedback are also appreciated.  An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again.  I wish you the best in the future.  Thanks.
dylatess and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you