Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My wife and I filed a Chapter 13 jointly approx 2 yrs ago.

My wife and I filed a Chapter 13 jointly approx 2 yrs ago. She accidently applied for credit at a dentists office. She was obviously rejected. The dentists office stated that she needed braces and that they would set up a payment plan. I know we are not supposed to apply, but honest mistake. Does are trustee need to be notified? Or are we ok to just consider it a dead issue?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.

Because she was denied, it's really not an issue. The rule is that you are not to incur any new debt without court approval. However, because no new debt was incurred; no harm done.