How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can someone protect household property such as furniture

Resolved Question:

how can someone protect household property such as furniture and personal properties such as autos in state of florida from attachment in state of florida if a judgement is issued related to a second mortgage of a home in foreclosure
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer,

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. I am a Florida attorney. If my answer is not clear to you, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

After a judgment is entered and prior to execution of the judgment on assets, you may claim certain personal property exempt. You may pickup the form of claimed exemptions at the clerk of the courts office in the county where you reside

If this does not completely answer your question please let me know by clicking reply.
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you