How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed bankruptcy in 1991 (the one where you dont have to

Resolved Question:

I filed bankruptcy in 1991 (the one where you dont have to pay anyone back). Is that still being done? I was able to rebuild my credit after the bankruptcy (it was due to my then-husband). After rebuilding, I was positively anal about my credit. Since 2008 (recession) I have been underemployed. I did not want to file bankruptcy because I know I can just rebuild my credit - but I cant find a job. Actually I found a job 2 months ago, but not only does it not pay enough to pay monthly expenses (mortgage, utilities, gas, phone only), I am under a lot of stress that is beginning to manifest physically. I'm 4 months behind on my mortgage. I have 2 months worth in the bank. Capital one is taking me to court at the end of the month, which probably means there will be a garnishment, which will put me further in the hole. I'm on the verge of either getting fired or quitting (I honestly cant take it). Will Bankruptcy help me?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. You are referring to filing another chapter 7 BK where you wipe out your debts. And yes you can file again but it will not help you with the mortgage payments that you are behind with. So you ma y want to file a chapter 13 whereby you can make up the house payments. Accordingly you should sit down with a BK attorney as most offer a free consultation. Best regards XXXXX XXXXX am glad  to help.  Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid for my assistance unless you accept.   A bonus and and positive feedback are also appreciated.  An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again.  I wish you the best in the future.  Thanks.
dylatess and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you