How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am contemplating filing a Chapter 13, have already met with

Resolved Question:

I am contemplating filing a Chapter 13, have already met with an attorney but have not received a complete answer on two issues. (1) I have rental property that has no mortgage and income - eill we be able to keep this property and (2) have received a civil judgement against me for the conversion of funds - can this be included in the Chapter 13 and released after the 5 year payment period.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. you are not elgible to file a chapter 13 unless you agree to sell the rental. That is because you have equity in the property and cannot keep that asset. Further, a judgment for conversion would not normally be a dischargeable debt in a chapter 7. and unless the judgment can be paid off in five years, the creditor will file an objection to your plan confirmation.

Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are also appreciated An Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.

dylatess and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions