Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

My landlord declared bankruptcy today. They have not been doing

Customer Question
garbage pick up, lawn care...
My landlord declared bankruptcy today. They have not been doing garbage pick up, lawn care and other chores they were supposed to do. My question is, do I pay the rent to them or the bank who was going to foreclose.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
10/6/2011
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Roger, Attorney
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.

You will have to continue paying rent, but the payments will need to be remitted to the bankruptcy trustee. You need to call the trustee appointed to the case and discuss setting this up.
Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney