Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I received a summons regarding a debt that is owed what should

Customer Question
I do....
I received a summons regarding a debt that is owed what should I do.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2011
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Terry L., Attorney replied 6 years ago
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

A bankruptcy filing will stop the suit once you file the case. Otherwise, the creditor will continue to judgment, then look to garnish your wages and/or seize your bank account to collect on the debt.

You should talk to a local bankruptcy attorney to review a bankruptcy case. Otherwise, you can try to negotiate with the creditors lawyer to see if you can get into a repayment plan if you are not considering bankruptcy.

Thanks for your question, good luck.
Terry L.
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney