How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being ordered to a 2004 bankruptcy examination for my

Resolved Question:

I am being ordered to a 2004 bankruptcy examination for my parent's bankruptcy. The trustee wants to see all transactions between myself and them. How far back should I bring records and should I hire an attorney? I've received a second letter informing me of the hearing. Do I need to reply? State is PA. The hearing is under 100 miles. Would I get mileage?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

1) A Bankruptcy trustee is able to look back 2 years before a Bankruptcy is filed, so if your notice does not indicate how far back you should go, 2 years is good.

2) You do not have to hire an attorney.

3) You do not need to reply to the letter.

4) You may be able to get re-imbursement at the rate of 31c per mile. You should contact the trustee beforehand to find out what he requires from you for you to be compensated.


I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.

Thank you!

cfortunato and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you