How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I amend a Schedule C if it was submitted incorrectly

Resolved Question:

How can I amend a Schedule C if it was submitted incorrectly at tme of initial bankruptcy.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.
Hi JACustomer,
1) You would use the same Schedule C form you used to file, but you would change the form to what you want it to be and then write "AMENDED" across the top of the form. Keep in mind that the Amended Schedule C will replace the original one. This means you must fill it out completely, not just the information you want to add or change.
2) Mail one copy to the Bankruptcy trustee.
3) Mail one copy to the United States trustee.
4) File one copy with the Bankruptcy court clerk.
5) Keep one copy for yourself.
6) If the total dollar amount on Schedule C is going to change, you also have to file an Amended Summary of Schedules, using the same procedure as when amending Schedule C, and also mailing copies to the trustees, filing a copy with the clerk, and keeping a copy.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you!
cfortunato and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you