Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I had a hearing on July 26 for cause due to a delay in surrender

I had a hearing on July 26 for cause due to a delay in surrender of assets.
The ruling was a deadline of Aug 13, and no fines.
I received a default judgement dated July 27 which denies the discharge, no extension of time, and a fine.

Are these judgements contrary to each other, and how do I get a copy of the order from July 26?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: I had a hearing on July 26 for cause due to a delay in surrender of assets.

Are these judgements contrary to each other,

Response 1: Yes, they are. You need to contact the Bankruptcy Court, the Clerk's office and let them know about this mistake. The denial of Discharge was most likely issued because they were not aware of the extension of August 13. You need to do this today to straighten this matter. When you call, they would transfer you to the proper Docket Clerk for your case.

and how do I get a copy of the order from July 26?

Response 2: Contact the Clerk's office ask for the Docket Clerk for your case. She/he would send you a copy of the Order, which you should have received in the first place when the Order was issued.

I am sorry for the delay in responding to your post. For some inexplicable reasons, I saw your post this morning.