How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I rent an apartment, am current on the rent, and have no judgements

Resolved Question:

I rent an apartment, am current on the rent, and have no judgements against me. If I file chapter 7 bankruptcy, am I required to complete the "Certification by a Debtor Who Resides as a Tenant of Residential Property" at the bottom of page 2 of the Voluntary Petition?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

That section is to be filled out only by those whose landlords have filed an eviction proceeding in court, and who have thereby gotten a judgment or writ of possession.

Given the information you provided, you are not supposed to fill out that section.



cfortunato and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you