Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

If I am expecting a rent rebate from the state at the end of

Customer Question
this month, and I plan...
If I am expecting a rent rebate from the state at the end of this month, and I plan to file bankruptcy within a week, do I include the amount of the rent rebate in #18 of Schedule B?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
8/7/2011
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: If I am expecting a rent rebate from the state at the end of this month, and I plan to file bankruptcy within a week, do I include the amount of the rent rebate in #18 of Schedule B?

Response: Yes, and you need to use Schedule C to claim the amount as exempt.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law