Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

On the CBR, there is an account that lists the first several

Customer Question
numbers of the account along...
On the CBR, there is an account that lists the first several numbers of the account along with the balance, but does not list the creditor. I do not recognize the balance amounts or account number and cannot guess who is the creditor. I ordered all three credit reports, and the account only shows up under Equifax, and was reported as recently as June, 2011. What is the best way to find out who is the creditor?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
8/5/2011
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 6 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Question: On the CBR, there is an account that lists the first several numbers of the account along with the balance, but does not list the creditor. I do not recognize the balance amounts or account number and cannot guess who is the creditor. I ordered all three credit reports, and the account only shows up under Equifax, and was reported as recently as June, 2011. What is the best way to find out who is the creditor?

Response: You need to call the phone number given for the reporter. That is, the creditor or collection agency who reported this information to the credit reporting bureaus.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law