Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

The trustee said Im in the arreas for $2600.00, the orginal atty is no longer there.

The trustee said I'm in the arreas for $2600.00, the orginal atty is no longer there. I sent the trustee $1000.00 and the atty I have now receive a continuance. last year the trustee wanted to increase the pymt to $674.50. I did ask the atty at the time do I make the new pymt..he told me no continue making the old ($400.00# XXXXX the plan was modified. the plan was modified in november 2010 but dated back to may 2010 #$500.00). which I am paying now. meet with the atty next wed to discuss options. questions..what are my options....and was the atty giving me the right information.... can the trustee dismiss my case.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.

The trustee can file a motion to dismiss because you misses a payment, etc., but the judge is not likely going to dismiss is because of something like this. Instead, the judge would generally give you an opportunity to get current, and if you can't, then it may be dismissed.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm meeting with thw atty this morning?

What are the options he will present to me?

Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Sorry for the delay and I hope this information isn't too late.

The attorney should offer you some option to make up the arrearage payments and continue the plan, and if you can't get it done, then the trustee would move to dismiss the case.