WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

ok my lawyer responded thursday afternoon and he said he will

ok my lawyer responded thursday afternoon and he said he will do what I ask of him on my behafe, which is 1) file B from the letter which is 727 of objecting of discharge 2) letter to the bankrupcy court to let them also know about the investigation going on with FBI.
my question is, after the court deadline of Augest 30, then what? how long after that will court usually make a decision to either approve or disapprove the business couple's chapter 7, what are the chance he will get it approved?
how does it work? will court approve his chapter 7 for what he owe of others and not discharge what he owe of my dad? is that even possible? will court do that or just black and white approve vs not approve?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

Once the bankruptcy trustee is informed,

WALLSTREETESQ :

they will launch their own investigation and if that is done, the case will not be discharged,

WALLSTREETESQ :

and the case will be pending.

WALLSTREETESQ :

The US Justice department will handle the matter, and make sure their is no fraud involved, in these types of cases, the Court will take their time, and put the case for a hearing in front of a Judge, if their is an issue,

WALLSTREETESQ :

The best thing you can do now, is to follow up with the Court through the case number XXXXX through the clerks office.

Customer:

oh, but if I have a lawyer what I have to do is just contact him to contact court? or do u think it is best I contact them?

Customer:

will it be after aug 30th then since that is court deadline?

Customer:

also does what you described going to take a year or longer?

WALLSTREETESQ :

Yes contact the attorney, to see if he can file a motion objecting to the discharge.

WALLSTREETESQ :

You can also contact the trustee, and submit a letter

WALLSTREETESQ :

It should be done prior to 8/30

WALLSTREETESQ :

An investigation, can make the case pending for several months to a year, and the trustee may file a motion to dismiss his case if he finds fraud