cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

what is the average cost of a bankruptcy for an individual

what is the average cost of a bankruptcy for an individual in Oregon?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

The most commonly charged attorney fee for filing a Bankruptcy is $1,200, but I have seen Bankruptcy attorneys charge as little as $800 and as much as $3,000. As Bankruptcy is a federal program, attorneys charge the same throughout the country.

As a higher fee does not mean a better attorney - especially since the most experienced attorneys can charge less because it takes them much less time to process the Bankruptcies - I would encourage your friend to "shop around" to find a lower fee.

He can start by calling the Oregon Bar Association to ask for recommendations. The number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you!