Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Part of my bankruptcy agreement was that I continue making

Customer Question
mortgage payments. I have not...
Part of my bankruptcy agreement was that I continue making mortgage payments. I have not been able to do that. What will happen now?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2011
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Ellen, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Ellen, Attorney
Welcome!

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to provide you with information..

This depends - can you please tell me more about the matter?
Did you sign a reaffirmation agreement?
Did you file a 7 or a 13?

Thanks!
not sure about the reaffirmation agreement. I filed a chap. 13
have you completed your chapter 13 bankruptcy payments or is the bankruptcy ongoing
the bankruptcy is a 5 year plan I'm in my second year -paying 1245 per month.
Thank you for your information.

Eventually either a creditor or the bankruptcy trustee will petition the court to dismiss your chapter 13 bankruptcy for nonpayment. After your chapter 13 bankruptcy is dismissed, the mortgage holder may foreclose on the property

Please let me know if you have any questions concerning my answer.
Ellen, Attorney