Very helpful - thank you so much! Of course, more information raises more questions:
1. How do I find out what is the median income for California? Is retirement pay
counted toward such income?
2. If I file Chapter 7, I believe that the spousal support payments are unaffected. What
about the court-ordered attorney fee payments that are now being garnished?
Would they need to continue, or would they cease because there is nothing to
3. If I file Chapter 7, would I need to give up the car that I am making payments on?
4. If I file Chapter 13, would the attorney fees that I pay monthly be counted toward the
expenses that reduce what I can pay my creditors?
5. If I file either Chapter 7 or 13, and I later get married, can my creditors go after my
spouse for any debts that I didn't have to pay, or have yet to pay?
6. If I continue on as I am, would my unsecured creditors have to seek a garnishment
first, then seek to seize my bank accounts, as two separate actions? What notice
would I receive in each situation?
I again appreciate any information you are able to provide!!