How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed a schedule C (Mass court) which was not complete now

Resolved Question:

I filed a schedule C (Mass court) which was not complete now I need to write a motion to accept the revised schedule c how do I write it?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am an attorney with 25+ years of legal experience and am working diligently on your answer while I await your response.

Please tell me:
Are you referring to an amended bankruptcy schedule c?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I went to the trustee meeting and in the filing I was supposed to fill in the schedule C Property claimed as exempt (Form B6c) and now the clerk is requesting that I file a motion so the court accepts the amended schedule c. How do I write a motion for them to accept the amended schedule c?
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

A voluntary petition or schedule may be amended at any time before the case is closed. There is a filing fee for amendments -- you will need to check with the clerk of the court for the amount. You will be required to serve a copy of the amendments and all creditors and the trustee and file proof of service with the bankruptcy court.

A motion is not required unless the case has been closed.If the case is closed, you will need to file a motion to reopen the case and pay the applicable filing fee
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you