Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

Does VA Service Connect Disability Pay count on the means test

Does VA Service Connect Disability Pay count on the means test in North Carolina. I was discharged in 1972.

Thanks
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
Welcome!

I am an attorney with 25+ years of legal experience and am working diligently on your answer while I await your response.

Please tell me:
Are you inquiring about the means test for bankruptcy purposes?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes I am.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

So sorry to hear of your dilemna. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you. If my answer is not clear to you, I encourage you to ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

Unfortunately your VA service-connected disability pay would count for the bankruptcy means test.The bankruptcy means test does not apply to:
1. Members of the National Guard Member or Armed Forces Reserve on active duty and 540 days thereafter; and
2. Disabled veterans that incurred debt while on active duty or while serving in homeland defense activities.