How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was on banruptcy probation and failed to make payment and

Customer Question

I was on banruptcy probation and failed to make payment and my case was just dismissed a few weeks ago. I only had 750 more dollars left. Can I file a motion to reopen and I have the money for pay the remaining amount would that help. I live in Ohio
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.


Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.


You can file a motion to reopen, however you will need a valid excuse and the exact amout owed to reopen your case.


In most cases if you file the motion soon, and you only had $750 left, the Court would reopen the case and allow you to complete the bankruptcy


I excuse is a simple oversite to make the payment.

WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
We cannot recommend an attorney however, you need to contact the local bar association, in your case I would go directly to the bankruptcy court and try to file the motion yourself, they should have a court library where they have sample forms for a motion to reopen.

An attorneys fee will be more than the payment.