How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17233
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have not lived in Indiana for 5 years. A credit Card company

Customer Question

I have not lived in Indiana for 5 years. A credit Card company filed a comlete againest me. My sister saw it in the news paper. In has a law that if you don't show up to court they put out a Binch warrant for you. I didn't know about this for allmost 2 years later. So how can resoulve this. I don't have money (Soc. Sec. only $ have to live with my daughter. Please Help
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

You need to either appear in Court to clear the warrant or contact an attorney to clear the warrant against you. In your situation it may be possible to contact the Court by phone and advise them you were never served by the credit card company and had no knoweldge of the lawsuit and do not live in the State, they may be able to allow you to appear by phone if you are disabled as well.