How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently asked a question on how to to ask the bankruptcy

Resolved Question:

I recently asked a question on how to to ask the bankruptcy judge to compel the mortgage lender to give me a full statement of account that the lender refused to give me so I could complete my Chapter 13 plan.

I was told to write a letter and request from the judge that he issue a formal subpoena.

However, when I submitted it, I was told that, while they would accept anything I give them, that it would not likely be acted upon unless it was in the form of a "request for an order". Further, I was given a form that needed to be completed to request a subpoena.

So I'm back a the beginning. I need to know how to do this so that the court would respond. Is there a specific form or format to use? Are there specific words I need to sate?

How will I know, after I submit, yet another request, that it has been acted upon?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

Here is the form you can use:

Where is says, "[Designation of Character of Paper]", you can put "Request for an Order".

Under "Request for an order", you would fill in the details of what you are asking for (an order to compel the lender to provide the information you are requesting).





cfortunato and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you