socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

As a creditor may I attend the crecitors meeting on a Chapter

As a creditor may I attend the crecitors meeting on a Chapter 7 and ask the questions MYSELF or do I need to hire an attorney?

If an LLC has been filed and recorded am still a legal owner until that is entity is disolved and may I sell my interest in the business?
As a creditor may I attend the creditors meeting on a Chapter 7 and ask the questions MYSELF or do I need to hire an attorney?

A: Absolutely yes. The bankruptcy trustee will ask members of the audience if they have questions. Just raise your hand and get in the game.

If an LLC has been filed and recorded am still a legal owner until that is entity is dissolved and may I sell my interest in the business?

A: The bankruptcy places the debtor's interest in the LLC in control of the bankruptcy trustee. The trustee has only the right to receive income or to sell the debtor's interest. The bankruptcy trustee has no management or control. If you are a bankruptcy creditor and an owner of the LLC, you can do whatever you want with your interest in the LLC.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate others about the law. I am always available to answering your follow-up questions after you click Accept – however, if you do not click Accept, the website gets paid, and I receive nothing. This is true, even if you are on a subscription plan. So please click Accept, so that I will be able to continue to provide this service for others in the future.