Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

I have a state tax lien against my home that was for sales

I have a state tax lien against my home that was for sales tax that my busioness has not paid for yet. Since I am the president they come after me to pay the taxes. also I had a chapter 7 bankruptsy in 12/2009 which I heard they cannot garnish my wages for the taxes because I went through ch 7 bankruptsy, is this true? I am tring to get a car loan but the finance company won't pass the loan in fear of the garnishing of my wages.Can you help?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 6 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

Terry L. :

Unfortunately, sales taxes are not dischargeable in chapter 7, so they can proceed with all means of collection that they have available to them.