WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

cam i file bankruptcy on my own

Customer Question

cam i file bankruptcy on my own?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETESQ :

You can file on your own, or use a document service or petition preparer for the petition.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Both would be cheaper than an attorney, and you can find them online as well, they will prepare your chapter 7 bankruptcy and all you would have to do is file the petition in Court.

WALLSTREETESQ :

They would charge a fee around $100-$250 for the preparation, however they will do it correctly for the most part,

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you want to file it yourself, that is possible, and you could go to the US BANKRUPTCY Court website and download the forms and instructions and complete them yourself, however you will need to follow the local Court procedures and you would have to contact the Court Clerk in NJ for that information.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied with our service please press the accept button so we can receive credit.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.