How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Resolved Question:

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

What is your Bankruptcy Law question?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX some question. I am bankruptcy right now. mortage is dong fine good payment. but, one problem is my cond fee owe me for past bedind missing payment for 2007 to 2008. I made a payment on time each month for 2009 to now. but, one cond want make a full payment by next two weeks. I can't afford make full pamyment for credit card. what I do?

Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

1) You said, "I am bankruptcy right now." Did you mean you were "bankrupt", or that you have filed a bankruptcy? If the latter, was it a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13?

2) What did you mean when you said, "I can't afford [to] make full payment for credit card"?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Cfortunato...I am back online here. I got your message. yes, I am bankruptcy filed for chapter 13. I just got a letter from my condominium association. mean that I can't afford full payment. if I have credit card then will make a full payment but, I don't have credit card and can't get loan too. if you have question then ask me will be happy your answer. wait for you return back me soon. Thank you!
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.
Why don't you add the condo association arrears to your Chapter 13 Bankruptcy? If you do this, you should be able to pay the arrears over the course of the Chapter 13.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good point question I will ask my lawyer bankruptcy chapter 13 can add arrears for condo association for a each months that is good. am I right?
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Yes - your attorney should be able to file an amendment or a modification to the Chapter 13 plan, thereby including the condo association arrears.


cfortunato and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, if my attorney is not able to file other an amendment or modification on my chapter 13 plan add for condo association arrears?
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Are you asking what you should to if your attorney does not know how to file an amendment or modification?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
my anntorney should to know about file an amendment or modification. I will ask them about it. Thank you for help me for your anwer. if I have something need ask you in furture in case. Thank you again. have a good day. bye byeSmile
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.
You're welcome! And thank you for accepting my answer!