WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

Im under Chapt. 13 at this time. Plan has not been approved

I'm under Chapt. 13 at this time. Plan has not been approved by judge.
I was current with car payments pryer to filling Chap. 13.
No payment has been made to them for 3 months, should I make a payment & give
receipt to trustee?

WALLSTREETESQ :

Was the car included in your plan?

WALLSTREETESQ :

You should have been making payments to the trustt while the case was pending, were you?

WALLSTREETESQ :

What would happen in this type of case is if your car payment was included in your plan, your payments would go to the trustee and he would pay them to the creditors once the plan is confirmed, due to the automatic stay, the car cannot be repossessed by the bank for missed payment.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If the car was to be apid outside the plan, you would need to make payments as soon as possible, as the creditor could sell the car by filing a motion to lift the stay.