Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
16823287

As a creditor in a ch 11, do I need to file a proof of claim

As a creditor in a ch 11, do I need to file a proof of claim if I am in agreement with the figures established by the court?

Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

In a Chapter 11 case, it is not necessary to file a proof of claim if the creditor agrees with the amount the debtor has listed as due in its Schedules and the debtor has not listed the debt as disputed, contingent or unliquidated.

---

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers in the meantime. Rest assured, I will get back to you.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated!

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.martindale.com/ or at http://www.lawyers.com/ .

You can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We are not in dispute and wish to accept what is listed for us. Is it safe not to file, as I dont have time to go thru all the paperwork to file. Will I be protected.
Yes, if you are in agreement and they did not dispute the debt and the amount is ascertainable, then you need not file a proof of claim in a chapter 11 case.