WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I filed for chapter 13 in 2008, one of the creditors was a

Customer Question

I filed for chapter 13 in 2008, one of the creditors was a water conditioner company, that i had rented my water softner from. I chose to keep the water softner and the company is listed in my schedule I as secured water softner/late $2754. Then has $68. 9% Int rate.

Below this it says Late Claim Not Allowed

Does this mean the company filed a late claim and is not getting paid even though I listed them in my CH. 13 claim?

Is the $68 dollars what they would have gotten paid if they had submitted their claim on time?

Finally, I need to have service done to this water softner and this company is the only authorized dealer in my area. Will this be a problem requesting service from them?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETESQ :

You should have received a list of creditors paid through the trustees office to see if they are being paid.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Generally, creditors filing claims after the “bar date” may not be entitled to payment of their claims. The Trustee will object to the late-filed claims.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If your trustee has not stated or showed any payments to the company, your debt to them would have been discharged or released.

WALLSTREETESQ :

So the company should not deny you the right to use their services.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If they state that they will no longer service you because of the bankrutpcy filing you would have no choice except to threaten them with a lawsuit for bankruptcy discrimination, or use another provider.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask, if not and you are satisfied with our service please press the accept button so we can receive credit.