How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what certificate do I need before filing for bankruptcy in

This answer was rated:

what certificate do I need before filing for bankruptcy in Florida? I have resided here for 21 years but will be moving to Georgia next month. Will I be allowed to move? I will pay but I only pay with PayPal and I cannot see your payment options. I would not want you to answer my question and then I cannot pay you because you only take credit cards. thank you

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.


You must pass the means test, which was implemented by the 2005 amendments. Here's an article on that:


You must also have a certificate of credit counseling. The court or your attorney can help you find a local program that you can apply for.


Also, there's nothing against the law about filing bankruptcy and then moving to another state. However, it may be problematic in terms of showing up to court for hearings, creditor meetings, etc. because of the distance you may have to travel.

Roger and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you