How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Attorney One of my former clients owes me $600.00

Customer Question

Dear Attorney:

One of my former clients owes me $600.00 and has filed Chapter 7. I have a deadline of January 30th to file the following forms. We are in the State of Maryland.

a) Deadline to File a Complaint Objecting to Discharge od the Debtor or to Determine Dischargeability of Certain Debts; and

b) Deadline to Object to Exemptions.

Can you help me get these forms? c: XXX-XXX-XXXX
[email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

You are asking about filing an adversary proceeding in a bankruptcy case. Since the amount in question is $600, you may want to evaluate the cost involved. Filing fees for the adversary proceeding will be approximately $300.

if you decide to file your first step would be to determine whether your grounds to object to dischargeability would fall under section 523 the Bankruptcy Code. . You can read the Code at this link:

Edited by WebLaw on 1/7/2011 at 8:30 PM EST