Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

Do I have to pay a part of my credit card bills in Chap 13

Customer Question
? I only have enough...
Do I have to pay a part of my credit card bills in Chap 13 ? I only have enough for house and living expenses.
What part of form Unsecured creditors do they go under?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
1/4/2011
Bankruptcy Lawyer: cfortunato, Attorney replied 6 years ago
cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney

Hi JACustomer,

The unsecured credit card creditors get paid only if there is enough left over after paying the secured debts - such as the mortgage - and your living expenses. If there is nothing left over after these, the credit card creditors get nothing.

The credit card creditors are listed on Schedule F (Creditors Holding Unsecured Nonpriority Claims).

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you!

cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
cfortunato
cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney