How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed chapter 7 in Colorado on Feb 2006. In the filing I

Customer Question

I filed chapter 7 in Colorado on Feb 2006. In the filing I included an amount owed to pinnacol assurance (workers comp) in the bankruptcy. The amount was approx 3000, now it is 7000 according to pinnacol. I now own a different business and trying to get worker comp through pinnacol. They are the only company that can write it due to the nature of my business. All I need to know is if this is legal for them to still go after this amount. Or should I just pay the balance? Thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
If the debt was discharged through your bankruptcy, you no longer owe it. However, if it was not discharged, you could still be liable for the debt. You'll need to refer to your bankruptcy paperwork to find out whether this debt was discharged - or call your bankruptcy attorney about it.