How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i currently have a bankruptcy and my lawyer was disbarred some

Resolved Question:

i currently have a bankruptcy and my lawyer was disbarred some of the work is done but he changed me from a chapter 13 to a chapter 7 when i became disabled. i was unable to make the meetings because i was in the hosptial and nursing homes.they dismissed the chapeter 7 and he reinstated it as a 13 and filed for hardship. the hardship was declined because the lawyer didn't do the proper paper work. i am in limbo now what can i do. currently i am back in the hospital should be released in a few days. my case in northern ohio is 2008 12864
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Sorry you are in disposition.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

If you anticipate medical bills or other debt after the initial filing of your bankruptcy petition, you may want to consider dismissing your bankruptcy and refiling. This would allow you to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy and received a discharge on the medical and other debt

If you would like additional details concerning my answer, please click REPLY and I will be happy to respond. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site. Do not click relist as it will delay my response.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes but how do i get it dismissed and how much more money do i have to pay to refile and find a new attorney i am on a imited budget
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

If you take no action at all, the court will typically dismiss your case on its own initiative.

Unfortunately you will need to pay a new filing fee and new attorneys fees when you refile.

You may also consider filing a complaint with the Ohio Bar Association at this link:

In your complaint, you may request that the Ohio Bar appoint you a pro bono attorney. They are not required to do so but may.

Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you