How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17248
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

me and my mom are alway in debt and we cant afrod thing and we dont know what to do??
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

What is your yearly income? Do you want to file a chapter 7 bankruptcy?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
17,000..... what does that do??
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
before you can file a chapter 7 bankruptcy your annual income must be lower than the state median, if $17,000 is your annual income you can file a chapter 7 bankruptcy and have all your credit card debts discharged.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so do we pay it back or what??
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.
i am not sure what you would pay back, if you can file a bankruptcy you do not have to pay anything back all your debts would be discharged. Only student loan debt, or child support cannot be discharged in a bankruptcy.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
o okay..
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.

Read the above article on MN bankruptcy