How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I file a chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1/28/2005. My Lawer is now in

Customer Question

I file a chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1/28/2005. My Lawer is now in the nut house and i can not get his records of a Reaffirmation of my Home Loan. What can I do to reaffirmation this loan. I have never been late with payment to the Loan Company.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

If a re-affirmation agreement was filed in your 2005 Bankruptcy, you will be able to get a copy from the clerk at the Bankruptcy court where the Bankruptcy was filed. Bankruptcy court clerks can access this information from the computer.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.

Thank you!


Edited by cfortunato on 12/3/2010 at 11:00 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know that but I looks as if the Lawyer did not do the re-affirmation agareement with the Morgage Company. How can I fix this?
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.
What is the reason that you want a re-affirmation agreement?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The Morgage Company is report to the (3) Credit Service that I have not paid on the account or pay on time. The Morgage Company that I did not re-affirmation agreement with them. For Morgage Company to report I must have a re-affirmation agreement with them. How can I do this now with the Courts?

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions