How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a creditor 341 hearing on dec 13 - it has been continued

Resolved Question:

i have a creditor 341 hearing on dec 13 -= it has been continued from before due to a family emergency. If I ask for another extension and it goes into January will i need to give the trustee my tax refund for 2010? Or did that just apply to the 09 when i filed the original bankruptcy?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open and nonconfidential forum.

Since you filed your bankruptcy petition in 2009, your tax refund pertaining to the 2010 tax year would not be an asset in your current chapter 7 case. Therefore you would not be required to surrender a tax refund pertaining to the 2010 tax year

I hope that it helps to know this information

Thank you in advance for remembering to click accept. If you experience difficulty using the accept button, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if the "accept" registers.
Ellen and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you