How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2659
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an artist who has a licensing/publishing contract with

Customer Question

I am an artist who has a licensing/publishing contract with McGaw Graphics, (formerly Applejack Art Partners) Of Vermont. The company filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in July of 2010, they owe me $5200.00. Since the bankruptcy filing they have paid me other royalties due, but I am still owed the $5,200.00 from back in July.I would like to know if the contract I have with them is now null and void, and if could I get out of it at any time? Also, will any future royalties be paid to me from recent contracts acquired through McGaw graphics?I hope to hear from you. Thanks for any info you can give me.A. xxxx
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.


My name is Francine, and I’m the Legal Category Moderator for JustAnswer. My job is to assist customers with pending questions for the Legal Experts here at JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes Francine, I would still like to receive an answer. What other info does the lawyer need in order to answer my question?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 6 years ago.

Hi Anne,

I’ll try to find an Expert to assist you. When an expert responds, you will receive an email. If he needs any information, he'll ask you for that himself. All I needed to know was if you still wished a reply.

When you get a helpful answer, please remember to click on the green Accept button so that your expert gets paid for his work.

Thanks for your continued patience.



Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes Francine, like I had stated before, I do still want an answer.

Thank you,