How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2900
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi again, On Schedule C, I am claiming Federal Exemptions

This answer was rated:

Hi again,
On Schedule C, I am claiming Federal Exemptions (Washington State allows this - if I am wrong please let me know). Which box do I check? 522(b)(2) or 522(b)(3)? I NEED to make sure I'm checking the right one!


Terry L. :

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

Terry L. :

522(b)(2) is for federal, 522(b)(3) is for state exemptions

Terry L. :



Good thing I double checked - because I had the wrong one checked! Whew!! Thanks - again!

Terry L. and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you