Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

i just file ch 13 9-9, had my 341 meeting two weeks ago.

Customer Question

i just file ch 13 9-9, had my 341 meeting two weeks ago. my payments were to start 10-9 if they weren't coming out automatically yet i was to mail them in. My payment end of oct has been sent, i sent a payment due by 10-9 via check and it didnt clear, i was sent a letter finally to mail in a money order. as i didn't know whether it would be presented again at the bank or not. so i will owe that but haven't sent it in yet. how should i handle this?
call them and explain it getting it together asap or just say nothing and mail it asap? i'm worried to be dismissed. but i had to spend 200 of 542 on an unexpected car issue.
with what i'm left over after the payments started coming out i didn't have the extra. i was simply strapped.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Terry L. replied 6 years ago.

Terry L. :

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

Terry L. :

Your trustee payment will most likely be returned as it needs to be certified funds - money order, cashiers check.

Terry L. :

The check will not be presented.

Terry L. :

As long as you get current quickly you will not have any problems.

Terry L. :

At the time of confirmation you need to be current on the payments due thru that date.

Terry L. :

If you have not gotten any motion to dismiss, you shouldn't worry.

Terry L. :

Send the payments regular mail, as the payments usually go to a lock box.

Terry L. :

Do you have any questions?

Terry L. :

If you have any further questions, just let me know. thanks.

Customer:

when would a confirmation hearing happen if i had my 341 2 weeks ago?

Terry L. :

Your confirmation hearing should be listed on your 341 meeting notice sheet, towards the bottom.

Terry L. :

Each jurisdiction has different rules as to when they hold confirmations.

Terry L. :

If you are not current by confirmation, you can always request a short continuance so you can get current, or for any recent payments to post.

Terry L. :

Thanks for your question, good luck.