How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed bankruptcy and received my discharge. Several months

Resolved Question:

I filed bankruptcy and received my discharge. Several months have gone by and I now find out that a customer has sent me a credit on my charge card, which is now closed. The credit card issuer kept the credit and applied it toward what I had owed. It refuses to send me or return the funds and has deducted that amount from what is owed, even though the discharge has been issued. How do I get the funds from the credit card issuer? Can it keep the credit?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 6 years ago.

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification.


The debt was discharged, meaning that they cannot take any money to pay a debt that you no longer owed them, you can notify the trustee in writing about their actions or file a motion in bankruptcy court to force the credit card company to send you the credit, and for sanctions.


WALLSTREETESQ and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you