Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law Questions? Ask a Bankruptcy Lawyer.

Bankruptcy Law

I reside in California and am filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy.

Customer Question
On Form B22C Subpart C...
I reside in California and am filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. On Form B22C Subpart C: "Deductons for debt payment - line 50a." how is the projected average monthly chapter 13 plan payment derived? Is this the monthly average income taken from Schedule J - after all current expenditures? Does all of the disposible income go towards all priority and non-priority unsecured claims, or am I to apply this money towards secured claims in my repayment plan. How does the calculation work?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Bankruptcy Law
11/1/2010
Bankruptcy Lawyer: Ellen, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Ellen, Attorney

Thank you for your question. I will strive to provide you with legal information to assist you.

I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information on this open and nonconfidential forum.

All of the disposable income should be paid into your Chapter 13 plan. Secured debt should be paid at 100%, next priority debt should be paid, all remaining disposable income should be paid toward the unsecured general creditors.

I hope that this helps.

Thank you in advance for remembering to click accept. If you experience difficulty using the accept button, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if the "accept" registers.
Ellen, Attorney

Sorry for the late response. I did not get an answer the evening I left the question and did not check my email until a minute ago. Thanks for the answer and your patience.

Thank you very much. Please let me know if I can assist you in the future.
Ellen, Attorney