Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

On September 7th I initiated the paperwork to start a chapter

On September 7th I initiated the paperwork to start a chapter 13 bankruptcy. With the purpose of stopping the foreclosure sale of my home. Since then I have filed for an extension of time to file the remaining documents required to complete the bankruptcy process. At this time I am under bankruptcy protection which has stopped the foreclosure sale of my home as well as any other creditors attempting to contact me. Currently I am attempting to obtain assistance from a organization known as NACA with the restructuring of my current mortgage to a more affordable rate. My question is: What is the name of the document that I must file to be able to grant the representative from NACA permission to negotiate a more affordable mortgage for me, where must I file it, how much would you expected to cost, and could you please provide me a link to what ever this document is since I'm sure that is available online but since I don't know the name of it so I can't search for it.

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Regards,

Fran
JustAnswer Moderator

Hi and thank you for your question. In the future, you can request me to answer any further questions.

You are asking about a release. A Release is just a general statement authorizing an agency to speak with your lender on your behalf. See is NACA has one.

IF not you can write one up, saying I, ___name___, hereby authorize NACA to discuss loan modification terms on my behalf. I understand that the automatic stay protection in my bankruptcy case is in place, but I hereby authorize you to release any of my account information, including but not limited to account numbers, balances, arrearages, interest rates, fees, costs, and all other necessary account information and financials to NACA. I consent that the release of this information will not be a violation of the automatic stay.

Signed, _____ dated____
then add a line for notary as well.

You can also google RELEASE OF INFORMATION to find other sample language to use.

IF you hired an attorney, you may need to have them sign it as well and they may have a sample to use as well.

Thanks for your question, good luck.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience: Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.