How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have paid a lawyer May 16th in full to file bankruptcy for

Resolved Question:

I have paid a lawyer May 16th in full to file bankruptcy for an employee of mine. He has not filed and will not return my calls.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

How much did you pay the attorney?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  cfortunato replied 6 years ago.

There are 2 things you can do for resolution:

1) File a claim in Small Claims court. As an attorney can lose his license to practice law if he gets a judgment, there will be an incentive to return your money, or file the Bankruptcy, to avoid going to court.

2) Report the attorney to the Arizona Attorney Disciplinary Unit. The number is (602)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>.

You can do one or the other, or both at the same time.

Edited by cfortunato on 10/4/2010 at 10:31 PM EST
cfortunato and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you