How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a self employed courrier who has three other independent

This answer was rated:

I am a self employed courrier who has three other independent contractors that work for me. I do the same services for the same customer every week and receive the same pay. Recently we have lost over a third of our revenue and that has made meeting my personal financial obligations difficult... extremely difficult. My only cost are what I pay other drivers
and fuel and matinence, insurance and licenses. I am considering filing chapter 13 what do I need to present to file?

Hi Customer,

Is the Chapter 13 for the business or for you personally?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
For Me

You would have to present paystubs for the past 2 months. If no paystubs, you can file an affidavit instead - attesting to the amount of money you make. If no paystubs, you will also have to submit all bank statements - personal and business - for the past 6 months.

You also have to submit income tax returns - personal and business - for the past 2 years.


Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about profit and loss statements I have been told that I will need to present them as well
If you are filing a personal Bankruptcy, you do not have to submit profit and loss statements - you only have to indicate the total net income (profit) from the business on Schedule I (Current Income), and you may - depending on the particular Bankruptcy trustee - have to submit 6 months of business bank statements.
cfortunato and other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you