WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

Im filing for bankruptcy pro se and I have a question about

I'm filing for bankruptcy pro se and I have a question about the statement of financial affairs. On one of the questions, it askes about property held for someone else. My father who is elderly has a car that I use, but it is registered in is name ( he purchased it cash several years ago) and I drive it the most. Do I have to list it as property held for someone else. I was thinking since its not an account I do not have to list it. I do not want to have the car added into my bankruptcy. Thanks. ( I'm filing chapter 7 in California)
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 7 years ago.
NO THE CAR WOULD NOT BE LISTED, IT IS NOT YOUR ASSET OR PROPERTY. WHEN THEY ASK FOR PROPERTY HELD FOR SOMEONE ELSE, THEY TRULY MEAN "PROPERTY SUCH AS REAL ESTATE" WHERE YOU LIVE BUT IT IS TITLED TO SOMEONE ELSE.