WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I received an answer moments ago regarding filing chapter 13

I received an answer moments ago regarding filing chapter 13 by myself (without my husband) in order to protect our home from foreclosure - mostly because it m ay affect his job, etc. Can you point me to additional information regarding this type of bankruptcy and how it will indeed protect our home from foreclosure even if he is not listed on the bankruptcy? Thanks
Chat Conversation Started
WALLSTREETESQ :

IF YOU ARE LISTED ON THE MORTGAGE, BY FILING A CHAPTER 13, THE FORECLOSURE STOPS, ONCE STOPPED YOU CAN MAKE AN AGREEMENT WHICH IS FORCED ON THE BANK TO ACCEPT A 60 MONTH PAYMENT PLAN FOR THE PAST DUE MORTGAGE PAYMENTS.

WALLSTREETESQ :

SINCE YOUR HUSBAND IS NOT FILING HIS CREDIT WILL NOT BE AFFECTED.