How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry L. Your Own Question
Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 2670
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Terry L. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in West Virginia and have been working with Indy Mac

Customer Question

I live in West Virginia and have been working with Indy Mac Bank on a loan modification.Three weeks ago was contacted by them for more documents.I went out of town for a week and two days after getting back we had a man at our step saying our house was sold in fron of the court house and fannie Mae bought it back.

Notice of sale was sent to wrong address,the same address that is on the deed,the wrong address.I talked to the firm who conducted the sale and they see what happened and said they would wait several weeks before recording the deed.Emergency bankruptcy can it help me
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 7 years ago.

My name is Francine, and I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer yet.

The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but delays can result depending on the number of Experts online, the question volume, and the difficulty level of the question. Reponses can also take longer if the question is unclear, so you may want to look yours over and reword it if you feel that could help.

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:


JustAnswer Moderator

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so whats the response Im not seeing it
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
three weeks ago we had a man come to our house to tell us it was sold on the court house steps back to the bank'One week before that we got a call from the bank requesting more documents for a loan modification.We recieved NO notice of foreclosure.It went to a wrong address'The same wrong address that is on our mortgage papers we signed in 2006 when we refinanced.We talked to firm who handled the sale and bought it to there attention.They said they would hold off recordind the deed and contact the bank.What legal action can be taken Capon Bridge,West Virginia to stop cancell the sale
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 7 years ago.


I’ll try to find an Expert to assist you. When the Expert replies, you will receive an email notification. If you find the answer helpful, please remember to click the green Accept button so the Expert is compensated for the answer. Thank you for your continued patience.